2019, a year for movie lovers

Back to Article
Back to Article

2019, a year for movie lovers

Addison Dobbins, Staff Reporter

An abundance of highly anticipated movies is scheduled for release in 2019. Disney alone is scheduled to release at least six movies throughout the year, including Frozen 2 (Nov. 22, 2019), where Elsa and her sister Anna embark on an adventure far away from their kingdom of Arendelle, and The Lion King Live-Action (July 19, 2019), retelling the epic story of Simba and his pride in a new realistic format.

Though a lot of movies coming out in 2019 are originals, most are live-action remakes of previously created cartoons, books and comics, such as Pet Sematary (April 5, 2019), based on the chilling Stephen King novel, and Pokémon Detective Pikachu (May 10, 2019) based on the fun, colorful comic.

Some extremely overdue horror sequels coming out in 2019 include Happy Death Day 2U (Feb. 14, 2019), in which college student Tree Gelbman, must be murdered repeatedly to save her friends, and an  Untitled Annabelle sequel, rumored to be released in late 2019.

Heroic childhood duos are also being brought back with the return of Woody and Buzz in Toy Story 4 (June 21, 2019) and the epic comeback of Toothless and Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon: Hidden World.

It is safe to say that 2019 will be an epic and anticipated year for movie lovers of all types, with many more unnamed and unannounced movies popping everywhere we look.