Senior Column— Tori Childress

Tori Childress, Editor in Chief

I don’t know what to say. Most people have told me for these last four years that I will miss high school and that these are the best years of my life. I don’t think so.

From freshman year to junior year, I never really got involved in a team, club or organization. It was not until my former PRIDE teacher, Coach Rob Sheffield, told me how much I would love robotics that I finally got involved. I didn’t know it yet, but Robotics Team 4451 was about to change my high school experience. I went to the first meeting at Bosch Rexroth, and I didn’t know what to expect, but thankfully the students, mentors and teachers were so kind, and it already felt like a family. I never knew I needed a group, team or family like Robotics until after each competition ended and I had not seen my amazing team for days. I’m so thankful for the people, experiences and memories.

My advice to underclassmen would be to live in the moment, to make memories and to get involved. Make the most of everything in high school because, before you know it, your youth will be gone. Make everything memorable so that you don’t think back and regret not doing anything. Don’t be angry with your teachers because they’re doing their jobs. Be proud and be yourself.

I will not miss being treated like a child. I will not miss speaking my mind and not being heard. I will not miss the childish drama that comes out of nowhere. I will miss the teachers, my friends and, mostly, my Robotics family.