Sword & Shield

TV shows to binge

Back to Article
Back to Article

TV shows to binge

Season Five Cast of Grey's Anatomy

Season Five Cast of Grey's Anatomy

Google.com

Season Five Cast of Grey's Anatomy

Google.com

Google.com

Season Five Cast of Grey's Anatomy

Michaela Smith, Staff Reporter

We all love a good laugh or an on-edge drama, and we all have our favorite shows. On Netflix, some of our favorite shows include: The Office, Friends and Grey’s Anatomy.

The Office is a 2005 sitcom about Dunder Mifflin, a paper company in Scranton, PA, which is the workplace of Jim, Dwight, Pam and many other types of workers employed in an everyday office. Through starting fires, pranks, beach days, a variety of different Christmases and office parties, love and friendship, weddings, the Dundies awards and going to the bar, the characters grow and provide much laughter as well as sorrow for their audience.

“There are a lot of good jokes I use every day that come straight from The Office. The script and characters are really witty. I love the show,” senior Tanner Smith said.

Friends (1994) is also a sitcom. The show revolves around six friends who live relatively close together and face life and love in New York City. Monica is the mother of the group, Rachel is spoiled and sensitive, Phoebe is crazy, Chandler is funny, Ross is a nerd, and Joey is the ladies man. They all have interesting jobs, lead fascinating lives and keep the audience full of laughter and hope. All of the characters capture what it is really like being 20-something and put together a wonderful show.

Junior Abigail Entrekin said, “This show keeps me laughing and crying. I always enjoy it, even after knowing what will happen next.”

“It’s really funny and makes me happy,” freshman Carlie Hudson said.

While The Office and Friends are comedies, Grey’s Anatomy is a medical drama based at Seattle Grace Hospital, where surgeons stress about residency in a challenging program, have romantic relationships and go through life-or-death situations inside the ER and out. The main character, Meredith Grey, narrates the drama often and learns life lessons. Meredith experiences plane crashes, explosions, shootings and car crashes. The show has 14 available seasons on Netflix and is still airing on ABC in its 15th season.

“The show is really cool. I love the action and romance. My mom works at the hospital, and she says that is what it’s really like,” freshman Brianna Gregory said.

“One day, I want to be an anesthesiologist because of this show. I love all the disasters the characters have to go through and the relationships they have,” sophomore Rebekah Smith said.

Over the holidays, binge-watch these classic shows and many more. Netflix has nearly 5,000 movies and 1,200 TV shows available. Invite friends over or hang out with family, grab some snacks and enjoy!

Ratings
The Office Friends Grey’s Anatomy
IMDb : 8.8/10 IMDb : 8.9/10 IMDb : 7.6/10
TV.com : 9/10 TV.com : 9.2/10 TV.com : 8.8/10